New board members are elected during the annual general meeting of UNSSA :
- Mr. Saeed Al Malik – The President
- Mr. Jason Georgiou – The Vice President
- Mr. Mark Pontiff – The Secretary
- Mr. Danish Ahmed – The Treasurer
In addition, the following topics were discussed:
- Difficulty Ship Suppliers face with supplying flammable materials to ports. The President informed the meeting he is currently working on this subject with the Dubai Civil Defense.
- It was reported there are difficulties of supplying rice into the “Ras Al Khaimah” Port. The President will check with the RAK port authorities and report.
- The Vice President suggested UNSSA should work more to encourage young generation to enter the ship supply industry. The President requested the Vice President makes plans for this objective and implements them during 2024.
- The President gave a brief introduction about the 66th ISSA Convention 2024 in Seville, Spain. He explained the benefits delegates will get from attending the Convention and requested all the members should attend the event in October 2024. There will be more details available about the Convention soon, please keep an eye on the ISSA website, The Ship Supplier Magazine and social media.
Accepting Mr. Malik’s invitation “AKA Management Consultancy LLC”, a leading VAT consultant company in UAE presented a very informative presentation regarding “UAE TAX SCHEME 2024” which was very much helpful for all UNSSA members.